Saturday, October 3, 2009

1st Post, and first time blogger


Today is the official day I will be starting this blog. It just so happens that today is also the fifteenth day of the eighth lunar month - Mid Autumn Festival, or also better known as Lantern Festival. My main purposes in setting up this blog was to record and share the little lessons that I had experienced in my life. Most of them were things I usually do not notice, until someone brings it up. Ofcourse, I only recently found out that most of us do this sort of thing, and its not by our own choice; but that we are genetically predisposed to do this sort of thing. It is our way of conserving energy by paying attention to more novel stimulus, and ignoring less novel ones. This process is termed "habituation" in some Psychology text books. I suppose, this can be a good thing when you are trying to ignore the incessant barking of your neighbour's dog while you are trying to study. Comes in especially useful when trying to ignore parents' (particularly, and almost always the mother's) nagging. Anyways, I hope that those of you reading this blog will take away with you some wisdom. Thank you, and time to bring out the lanterns and sparklers to celebrate the Mid Autumn Festival.

No comments: